Saturday, January 25, 2014

{Happy Birthday Abigail}

Today we celebrated Abigail's second birthday with friends and family.  We have been singing to her all week and talking about her birthday.   She also had cookies with her Mothers Day Out class to celebrate.  But today we finally had her birthday party and she had the best day!   I will always remember her sweet little face looking up at me and saying "Gabba-gail's party"!  
  


I can't believe how much she has grown and changed in the last twelve months.  Last year on her birthday, she wasn't even walking.  Now she is running, climbing, singing, dancing, and spinning in her tutu. 

There is something magical about watching your child experience things for the first time, and Abigail had a lot of firsts this year.  She went down the slide for the first time.  She learned to say her name.  She recognized the animals at the zoo and called them by name.  She discovered how much she loves baby dolls.  She saw Christmas lights and learned about Jesus!  She had a fabulous year.  Here are a few things I want to remember about Abigail at two years old:

* She picks out her clothes and shoes 
* She calls pancakes "cake-cakes" and muffins "puffins" 
* She reaches to us and says "Get you" which means pick me up.  I think this came from Mike chasing her and saying I'm going to get you. Adorable. 
* She loves her MDO and starts dancing in the carseat when we pull in the parking lot 
* The Chica Show and Super Why are her favorite television shows 
* She can climb up on our bed and get down by herself 
* Her favorite foods are smoothies, pancakes, muffins, and Chic-Fil-A chicken.
* She loves her purses, hairbows, and shoes
* She loves playing in her kitchen and with her basketball goal (my girl!)

* She loves our worship leader Josh and thinks he sings all the songs on the radio (in her defense, he does sound a bit like Chris Tomlin!)
* She became a big sister and loves Violet! 

Here's a quick look at a few of the details from Abigail's birthday party!  I love a house full of people and an excuse to make cute banners!!  


I printed my favorite Instagram prints using the Kanvas app.  I was really pleased with how they turned out and I think I will use this app again.  I didn't have a specific theme for Abigail's party this year, but I tried to pick things that she loves and recognizes.  




I am so grateful that Dee Dee made all of her cupcakes.  They were delicious!  I'm also thankful to all of our friends that came over to play.  This is where the action happened.  Have I mentioned how much I love our bonus room?


Happy birthday sweet Abigail Elizabeth.  You are such a blessing and I thank God everyday that he allows me to be your mommy.  
Two Years Old

No comments:

Post a Comment