Sunday, February 2, 2014

Violet {3 months old}


Little Violet Anne is three months old today.  I have been pretty tearful most of the week with my return to work and leaving this sweet little baby at home.  Thankfully, twenty hours a week is not the end of the world, and I love being a physical therapist. I am often struck with the realization that I get paid to love on people and help them feel better! 

Violet is growing and changing so quickly.  It looks like we will definitely have another little blue eyed girl!  Here is what Violet is doing at three months old: 

* Finally likes her bath and kicks her feet around in the water
* She is sleeping longer through the night.  She was still waking at 4:00 whether she was hungry or not so we moved her bedtime earlier and it seems to be extending her nighttime rest.  Praise Jesus on that!

* She is getting more alert and social.  She watches Abigail and smiles back at her. 
* She is almost rolling over.  She is really high with her prone on elbows and occasional falls into a roll.  
* She looks like Mike...shocker

I feel like I have found my groove with two little girls and I'm enjoying them so much.  Abigail loves Violet or "Biolet" as she calls her.  She follows me down the hall when I get Violet up from her nap and yells "Hello Biolet"!  

Hopefully, this week will be a little easier on my heart as I leave these babies and go to work.  If you stop by on one of my days off, I can promise you that I am in my pajamas with baby spit up all over me, toys sprinkled across the floor, and dishes piled in the sink. I am finally learning the lesson that those things CAN wait until my girls go to bed and time is precious.  A friend recently posted this quote on her instagram and it is now on my chalkboard wall because I need to remember it. 

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow,
So quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.




No comments:

Post a Comment