Thursday, January 2, 2014

Violet ~ 2 months old

Two months ago I held this sweet baby for the first time.  She has filled my heart and my arms with so much love and I am grateful that the Lord gave her to me!  In the last few weeks she has really started to wake up and notice her little world.  She smiles while she watches her mobile and she really loves that left hand! 

Life with two little people is not as scary as I thought it would be.  Lucky for us, Abigail loves being a big sister and Violet is a very easy baby.  I feel like we are adjusting well and finding our new rhythm.  I'm sure it's time for these girls to mix it up and keep us on our toes! Until then, I am going to enjoy a few peaceful moments sipping my coffee and looking at this sweet face. I love her little double chin!



I have four more weeks of maternity leave before I go back to work and it's a good thing I love my job because leaving this little girl at home is going to bring a few tears.  

Here is what Violet is doing at two months old:
* Weighs 10lbs ( 50% height, 25% weight )
* Starting to coo and make silly sounds
* Sleeping good and only getting up once at night

* Hating tummy time.  Miller is there to supervise of course
* Survived having her sister toss a blanket, a rattle, and a cabbage patch doll on top of her while she tried to sleep...swaddled of course.  
* Loves being in the Balboa ring sling (I will use my ergo when she gets a little bigger, but the sling has been great and I like it better than my mobi wrap. I don't have to keep adjusting it to keep her snug)
* She follows Mike's voice with her head every time he comes in the room.  Precious!
* She is tolerating her bath, but not sure if she wants to smile or scream just yet



It's hard to believe eight weeks has gone by so fast.  Thankfully, I learned with Abigail that every stage is my "favorite" so as I pack up her newborn clothes this weekend and bring out all my three month boxes, I will try to console myself with that reminder!  

Violet Anne, you are already adored by so many!  Your big sister is such a Daddy's girl so you just remember you are a Mama's girl!!! At least for now of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment