Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Applesauce Muffins

I love Pinterest.  I love being inspired by pretty pictures and taking risks to be creative with DIY projects.  I have been inspired by many of my own friends and so when I find something good, I want to share it!  

And so we have the applesauce muffin!  I tweaked a recipe that I found and this has quickly become a staple in our home.  Abigail will ask for these and as small as she is, she can eat three or four at one time.  Since they are loaded with fruit, coconut oil, and flax seed, I hand them over with a smile.  Winning!

I should mention that I am by no means vegan or gluten free.  I try to help my family stick to an 80/20 rule.  You will absolutely see me out eating pizza or enjoying my favorite doughnut from time to time, but I try to aim for clean eating the majority of the time.  So here is the recipe.  Tweak it to your liking and I hope you have a happy toddler as well!  I should also mention that you can find ground organic flaxseed, organic applesauce, and organic coconut oil in bulk at Costco.  

Preheat your oven to 350.  Mix all ingredients (I use my Ninja processor) and scoop into your oiled muffin tin.  Bake for 25 min.  This recipe will make 12. Keep in the refrigerator after baking. 




  • 1 heaping cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 banana
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil
  • 2 cups flour (I use 1 cup oat flour and 1/2 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup ground flax seed )
  • 1/4 cup organic sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1 cup raisins (optional; I leave them out)



No comments:

Post a Comment