Thursday, May 24, 2012

No Vaccinations in Heaven...


Having a baby has taught me so much about God's love for His children.  I think I am learning more about God's character and heart for me now more than ever before.  


Scripture refers to our God as Abba Father, which means " Daddy".   It's a term of endearment that makes me visualise being held close and comforted.  I was reminded of that this morning as I prayed for Abigail during my quiet time.  I am taking her to the doctor for her 4 month check up today which means 4 shots in her little legs and lots of tears.  Her 2 month check up did not go well... for me!  She did fine of course, but I cried my eyes out watching her shriek in fear and pain.  I held her as close as I could and wiped her tears until she had forgotten those awful sticks!  


I plan to do the same thing today since I anticipate the pain she will feel and the fear that may take her by surprise.  I will be right there with my cheek next to hers when the nice lady gives her those shots.  I will hold her close and console her until she is calm.  I'll be right there to get her through it.  


This morning after praying about my silly anxiety and later after talking to a dear friend that is going through an unimaginable loss, I got it.  God is there with us through every circumstance and painful situation.  He knows what we are about to go through, even when we don't see it coming.  It hurts his heart.  And like a good Daddy, he holds us close and wipes our tears until the fear is gone.  


So if your heart is hurting today and you are feeling the sting of pain, lean in to Jesus and let him comfort you.  He is right there to hold you close and get you through it!  And He promises that one day there will be no more tears...


"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”  Revelation 21:4




















No comments:

Post a Comment