Monday, May 14, 2012

First Mother's Day!

We bought our first home 2 years ago and one of the perks of our sweet little neighborhood is how close we are to downtown Franklin! Some of my favorite date nights are cooking together at home and then soaking in the southern charm as we walk the sidewalks downtown.  


I have sweet memories of getting coffee at Starbucks and crossing the street to get yogurt at Sweet CeCe's.  Mike and I would find a quiet little bench where we share our dessert and talk about the day.  It was in those moments that we began to dream about starting a family and what our new " Franklin Stroll" would look like! So it was extra sweet to take Abigail downtown yesterday for my first Mother's Day.












Abigail is getting more alert and aware of her surroundings so I'm sure this loud, colorful place was fascinating to her!





















She sat so still and watched all the children skip around with their cups full of yogurt.

Candyland was one of my favorite board games when I was little, and something about this shop reminds me of it!  It's such a cute place! Hopefully she won't hate me too much in a few years when I walk her past all this candy and load her yogurt up with the fruit...























I feel so blessed that God has allowed me to be her mom.  I am also thankful for the many women God placed in my life to teach me what motherhood looks like.  There were many years that Mother's Day was a difficult reminder for me, but God has redeemed this special day and filled my heart with JOY. 
























Happy girl!


















First Mother's Day 2012



1 comment:

  1. happy mothers day (late), Tab!!!!
    Can't wait to meet Abigail next time we're in Nashville. She's soo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete