Saturday, March 31, 2012

" The flowers of the field are crying to be heard"




Spring is absolutely my favorite time of year, and being home with Abigail during this season has been good for my soul.  We take a long walk every morning before she goes down for a nap and as she rides along peacefully in her stroller, I am free to soak in so much of the beauty around me.  

Our morning routine has actually become my favorite part of the day.  I like to walk early so she doesn't get too hot so it's very peaceful and a lot of times it's just us and the squirrels on the sidewalk.   Most mornings I will try to listen to a sermon podcast during our stroll but I catch myself hearing the birds sing around me instead.  

If you follow me on instagram or see my facebook page, you might notice that I am slightly obsessed with pretty trees and flowers this year!  I think it's because when I take the time to hear the birds and look at the vibrant colors around me, I am reminded that they were designed by an awesome creator. Here are a few of my favorites! 

New blooms are a gift each year.  It's a reminder that our God promises to make all things new and that He alone gives life.  I remember asking my parents when I was really young why they believed in God.  Dee Dee told me to look around and see if I could come up with any other explanation for so much creativity and beauty.  It would still be years later before I would actually believe in a Creator and put my faith in Jesus Christ, but those words have always stuck with me.  How could there be so much beauty and creativity without a wonderful designer?  

My prayer this Spring is that each of you would look around and soak in the beauty our God leaves for us.  This week starts the beginning of Holy Week and as I get my heart ready for Easter, I am burdened for so many of my friends that don't know Christ as their Savior.  If you are reading this blog and you don't have a church home, come celebrate with us at Green Hills Church.  If you are plugged in at your own church, I encourage you to invite someone to come with you this next Sunday.  You never know when someone's heart is open for the Lord, and what a blessing it is when new life blooms! 

Below are the lyrics of one of my favorite worship songs.  The words have been in my head all week so I have been singing it to Abigail!  Good thing she doesn't know her mommy can't sing...

The flowers of the field
Are cry'n to be heard
The trees of the forest
Are singing
And all of the mountains
With one voice
Are joining the chorus of this world

And I will not be silent
I will not be quiet anymore

" Make a Joyful Noise/ I will not be Silent" - David Crowder Band






No comments:

Post a Comment