Sunday, March 18, 2012

2 Months!

I can't believe my sweet girl is already 2 months old.  Time seems to be on fast forward now and I do not like it.  I just want to hold her every second and soak up each new little sound she learns and capture each new expression her eyes make as she explores her new world.  Being her mom is such a gift and I am so thankful.  Look at this sweet face!





















Okay, so she isn't thrilled that I put the bow on her head and she just woke up from her nap so I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm crazy taking so many pictures of her waiting for her to finally grin.




But she finally did!!
























This is the face she gives me when I talk and coo back at her.  Confusion...  Sometimes I think she is totally surprised that I am actually out there talking back to her!


She is growing so fast and I catch myself squeezing her into her newborn onesies because she can't possibly be ready for her 0-3 outfits! Watching her explore her surroundings and learn that her hands are actually attached to her body is the joy of my life right now.  Friends have asked me how I am doing staying at home and honestly I am loving it.  Mike and I have made some adjustments financially so that I can work less and be at home with her more and I am so thankful that Vanderbilt is letting me work part time.

Abigail at 2 months:
* She is starting to smile and coo back at us
* She loves to stare at herself in the mirror
* She enjoys taking a bath and splashing her feet in her little tub
* She is almost sleeping through the night ( Thank you BabyWise and Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child!)
*She is so happy in the morning when I go into her room and pick her up!
* She likes to stretch her arms over her head and kick her feet around when she wakes up
* She is starting to notice her black and white toys and her mobile


I love to sneak into her room before she wakes up and watch her sleep.  She seems at such peace with the world.  But there are times that she is fussy and fights her sleep, and I know that if she would just give in and let me rock her she would finally rest.  Isn't that what our Father offers us?  There are times that I am so tired and over stimulated by the world around me.  If I would only lean into Jesus and let Him give me the peace He promises, I would rest too.  So much to learn from a little baby!



















































I love you sweet Abigail!

No comments:

Post a Comment