Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Abigail visits her Nana!

A few weeks ago, I finally came out of hibernation and took Abigail down to Columbia to visit with Nana.  It was my first BIG adventure out by myself and we had a wonderful day!  I am very close with my grandmother and can't wait for my baby girl to get to know her great-grandmother.

Pulling into the driveway and looking out across the farm brought back so many memories from my childhood.  It seems like only yesterday that I walked hand in hand with my Nana up and down her long driveway " exploring"!  Years later, this same driveway is where my dad would let me practice driving his car.  He would stop the car just as we crossed over the cattle gap and let me take over.  I have such sweet memories of all my trips to Nana's house.





One day, when Abigail is big enough to run around and play outside, I'm sure she will face the same temptation that I did...the Bell!  I always wanted to sneak out back and ring the bell, but there are hornet's nests inside it and Nana always told me to stay away.  




After walking around the farm and enjoying the crisp Spring day, I settled where I always end up at Nana's house - the kitchen table.  I lived in Memphis for 7 years and almost every trip I made home to Columbia, I would head out to visit my grandmother and sit for hours at her kitchen table.  She is such a wise woman and we have had many talks about life over the years.  So while my sweet Abigail napped in her infant carrier, Nana fed me pineapple cake and we talked about this new blessing in my life.

Here are a few precious pictures I snapped of Abigail and her incredible great-grandmother.  You can see that Nana has a special touch with the little ones!












































































I recently came across a few polaroids of me at one week old out at Nana's house.  Check out where Abigail got her head full of hair!  There are several similarities in both sets of pictures and I think that's why they are so special to me.  We love you Nana!!









No comments:

Post a Comment