Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hallway gallery

A few years back, I made a gallery wall in our family room and it is by far my favorite project I've done.  This is my post about making that wall and the tips I learned along the way.  

When Violet was born, I walked around our house looking at the pictures on my wall and the table frames that I have placed atop our pieces of furniture.  It didn't take me long to realize that I was absolutely not taking anything down or switching pictures out!  So...I found another wall. 

The wall in our living room has a very eclectic, vintage feel to it because I chose random frames from Goodwill and classic pictures from our past and present.  These are a few of my favorites from that wall. 


This time around, I decided to make a gallery down our hallway so I chose all white frames.  I wanted to keep the space light and airy since it's a narrow hallway.  I didn't spend very much on this project either because I literally bought every frame at Michaels that went on sale after Christmas (you can double up and use the 40% coupon app plus the 50% off sale)!

Also, I shopped my attic and found a few frames that hadn't made the cut with our decor in the last few years.  I still had a little bit of my Annie Sloan chalk paint left from my my nursery furniture project so I painted those and added them to my collection. Oh...I also had a handsome helper. 

{old frames}
{Hottie}

This display is mostly filled with our family photos and a few wedding and engagement pictures that are special to me.  I also wanted a few detail shots on this wall.  There are certain pictures I have that are priceless to me like my sweet Violet's hand at a week old and Abigail's beautiful curls that I hope are here forever! 

One day I found this adorable shadow box at Hobby Lobby that was 50% off so it found its way into my cart!  This is an easy way to pin my favorite instagram photos and it adds a little flare to the wall.   

Oh, and then I found this fun little bird cage at C'est Moi and decided it needed to come home with me too.  I found a perfect spot for it at the end of the hall! 


I am really pleased with how my wall display turned out and I love looking at all my favorite pictures as I walk down our hall each day.  These are frames that I can easily switch photos in as our girls get older.  Of course, there's always the wall up into the bonus room if I get too nostalgic and can't take any down.  Bless my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment