Friday, February 17, 2012

" A piece of furniture should tell a story...."

" A piece of furniture should tell a story...."  Those were the exact words from a dear patient of mine that owned an antique furniture store in Nashville.  Shortly after Mike and I bought our first home, she told me to be patient filling our house with furniture and that each piece should have it's own story.

 Of all the random pieces of furniture that we collected from family basements and forgotten rooms, there is one that stands out as my favorite!  Its story began with my sweet grandmother,  Shirley Napier.  The antique white chest once sat in the room that my " Nana" was born in.  It had been in her family for many years and eventually was handed down to my dad.

Years later, the same white chest ended up in my brother's nursery.  I remember thinking it was so pretty even though it was a little beat up and the doors didn't shut well.

Now, it sits in my living room and is my absolute favorite piece of furniture in our home.  We recently took newborn pictures of Abigail so I knew I wanted to get several of her in our old antique chest.  We get lots of compliments on it so I try to make sure that I always tell IT'S story!





1 comment:

  1. This is so precious Tabitha. What an amazing history and a piece that will be able to be passed down to Abigail so the story can have another chapter.

    ReplyDelete