Wednesday, February 1, 2012

" Every good and perfect gift is from above" James 1:17

Wow..  I can't believe that Abigail is already 10 days old!  My days are a little blurred and I have lost all concept of time, but I am so in love and every second is worth it!  Abigail is such a good baby and she is already bringing so much JOY to our home.  The name Abigail means " Joy to the Father".   And that she is!  Can you see how she melts his heart?!?








We are both feeling incredibly blessed to have our daughter home with us.  I feel like I poured my heart out to the Lord and prayed specifically about my labor and her birth - and God was gracious to us.  I was able to deliver her naturally and thankfully I had a FAST labor!  I didn't share with many people that I wanted a natural birth because most people tried to discourage me.  Even after delivery, most conversations started out with : " Did you do that on purpose!?!"  However, if you are interested in learning more I want to encourage you.  Preparation and education is the key.  This book  was very helpful to educate me on labor and the natural birth process.  This book is also a great encouragement because it focusses on how to eliminate the fear that is learned from our culture.  


Finally, I can't say enough about the incredible Midwifery practice at Vanderbilt!  You can learn more about their philosophy HereMy sweet girl was worth all that preparation! 




I found this list on another mommy friend's blog and wanted to share it.  I can already see how much my world is about to change!  Stay tuned for more pictures!  We may or may not be obsessed with our new camera now..


1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.

2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.

3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.

4. You respect your body ... finally.

5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.

6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.

7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.


8.Your heart breaks much more easily.

9. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.

10. Every day is a surprise.

11. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)

12. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.

13. You become a morning person.

14. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.

2 comments:

  1. Tabitha- I am so excited you were able to experience natural birth. I am forever grateful for that experience in my life. I showed me that God HAS created my body for great purpose. I called out to Him during my labor for strength and He gave it. He blesses beyond imagination. Enjoy all the moments in these coming months. Lots of love from us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie- thank you so much for encouraging me when you guys were here in Nashville! Your birth story inspired me and gave me confidence when I had only heard " you are crazy!" :) She is a sweetie! Can't wait for you guys to meet her!

      Delete