Monday, February 27, 2012

My prayer for our daughter

Have you ever talked with a mom and heard her mention how often she prays for her children?  I can recall several conversations where mothers talked about faithfully praying for their children on a daily basis.  This always seemed a little extreme to me- mostly because I am not so great at praying for anyone on a daily basis.  But now I get it..

There is a certain innocence in a baby's face that can melt your heart.  I often find myself caught up in such a tender moment looking into Abigail's eyes, only to be quickly led to tears as I think about how this world will corrupt her someday.  When do children lose that innocence in their eyes?  It hurts my heart so much that all I can do is pray for her.



I am currently doing a Beth Moore study of Esther for my daily devotional.  It has been great for me since I haven't been able to get out much for Sunday morning worship or small group during the week.  The focus of this particular study is on women and more specifically how tough it is to be a woman.

If you are familiar with the book of Esther, then you will recall that the King in the story ordered a search for the most beautiful young women to be gathered so that he could pick his new queen.  It then goes on to say that beauty treatments were given to each girl before they were presented to the king.  WHAT?  It doesn't say that the ugly girls needed beauty treatments, but the most beautiful girls.

There is so much pressure on young girls to be beautiful these days that I just want to shield my daughter from the world.  I know the day will come when she feels she isn't pretty enough of good enough because of what our culture says about our women.  This mama is praying hard now that she will find her value in Christ and that He will strengthen her character to fight this temptation.

I also have to admit that it is a daily struggle for myself as well.  Ladies, if you are reading this blog - you are beautiful!  I love This post because she hits the nail on the head.  Beauty and what is considered beautiful by our culture is always changing.  Take a moment and read it - I guarantee it will challenge you!

For now, I am going to go stare at the sweet face of my baby girl and whisper to her how beautiful she is!


2 comments:

  1. I love this Tabitha! You are such a good mommy! My mom picks a scripture for each child every year and prays that scripture over us every day. It's amazing the way those prayers come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are the mother of my child. I love you sweetheart. This is an awesome post.

    ReplyDelete