Thursday, September 11, 2014

Violet {10 months}

Violet is definitely my easy going, adaptable baby.  She can get off schedule, endure chaos, and surprisingly stay cheerful when she misses a nap.  I dare say she may be like her daddy which is a good thing since Abigail and I are so structured and easily thrown off by changes in our daily routines!  

In the last two weeks, Violet cut six new teeth and though she has needed her mommy in the middle of the night, she has been a trooper and barely fussy.  We also took a trip to Memphis packed with play dates, adventures around the city, and dinners with friends.  Slightly sleep deprived and always on the go, my sweet girl continued to smile and look for the next adventure!  


It's hard to believe that I will be planning her first birthday party soon.  This year has gone by so fast and though I want to freeze her right where she is, I am excited to see her personality continue to come out! I have realized in the last few months, that Violet is a hugger.  It is my favorite memory of her at this age and melts my heart every time.  Mike and I will joke with each other that "Violet just needs a hug", because she will occasionally whimper and crawl over to me with a desperate look on her sweet face.  When I pick her up, she wraps an arm around my neck and nestles in by my face.  She will snuggle for a good minute or so and then she is off to play again.  Those are the moments I treasure.

This is what Violet is doing at 10 months.  

* Pulling up to standing 
* Laughing at herself and when she does something amusing 
* Waving and trying to say bye-bye and hi
* hugging
* She has 8 teeth
* Spaghetti, blueberries, and cheese are her favorite foods
* She waves her arms and dances with music 
* She is figuring out how to open and close toys
* She is screaming and trying to project her voice
* She loves any toy that will sing to her
Violet, you are a breath of fresh air and a joyful reminder to slow down in a noisy world and hug the ones you love.  I am so thankful to be your mommy and I adore watching you explore and learn new things.  I have a feeling I will need to keep a close eye on you one day with your adventurous spirit!  I pray that God will continue to lead us and equip us to be the best parents for you that we can be.  I also promise to teach Abigail to stop snatching your toys and throwing princess shoes at your head...

We love you Violet Anne!




No comments:

Post a Comment