Thursday, March 27, 2014

Banana nut muffins

I thought I would share my latest muffin recipe.  I gravitate toward muffins for toddler snacks and breakfast because they are easy to make and I can pack them full of healthy calories for Abigail.  You can check out my applesauce muffins here and my blueberry flaxseed muffins here. (The original recipes are on my Pinterest page.  I substituted ingredients to make them a little cleaner.)

Since I am officially in "operation lose baby weight" mode, I have been searching for a healthy muffin with a few less calories and I found a winner!  Banana nut muffins.  Here is what you need.  


Ingredients: 

2 cups old fashioned oats 

1/2 cup almond flour

1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt

1 eggs

1/4 cup honey

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

2 TBSP ground flax seed

1 tsp vanilla


2 ripe bananas 

Blend everything in your food processor and then fold in your nuts.  I wanted to add 1/2 cup of walnuts, but I was out so I went with pecans instead.  


Oil your muffin tin and fill the cups.  Bake for 18 minutes at 350 degrees.  Let them cool on a drying rack for a few minutes and enjoy!  The calorie count is around 175 per muffin.  They taste a bit like banana nut bread but without the flour or added sugar.  Hope you like them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment