Saturday, November 30, 2013

Violet's First Month!

We are all finally healthy in our house and now that I am out of my postpartum/I've been sick for 2 weeks phase, I've had a chance to realize that a whole month passed in a blink!  Even though the first few weeks were tough physically and emotionally, there are many joyful moments that I want to remember!  

Violet is a sweet little cuddle bug and I am enjoying every second.  I have a little different perspective this time around so I'm intentionally trying to savor each moment.  I know how quickly the night time feedings pass and how soon they stop letting you snuggle them quietly in the nook of your neck.  I remember every mom telling me when Abigail was born that she would be a year old before I knew it!  It always made me want to cry, but they were right. Before I know it, Violet will be running through our house and climbing all over me when I want to hold her close.  Until then, I'm going to enjoy her sweet smell and kiss her every chance I get! 
I am so thankful for the advice that a few of my mom friends gave me to help get me ready for 2 babies under 2 years old and to help Abigail adjust to our new bundle of joy!  Here are a few things that I would also pass along.  

1.  Remember that your toddler still needs you...a lot.  It's easy to make the mistake of thinking that overnight they matured and completely understand how much your new baby needs you.  

2.  Even though " man to man coverage" is the easiest way to care for two small children, make sure you switch and spend equal time with both babies.  

3.  Your newborn only needs you for the necessities of life.   A good friend reminded me of this and it has been a great reminder!  Violet gets a lot of time with me, but Mike can burp her or get her ready for naps.  This is a a good time for me to get my quality time with Abigail. 

4.  When you introduce your toddler to your newborn, have someone else holding them so they aren't confused and jealous 

5.  Have special gifts from the baby to your toddler so they don't feel left out as all your visitors and your attention are shifted to the new baby for a while.  


Thank you friends for all your epic mommy wisdom!  So far Abigail loves her little sister and if I can keep her from poking her in the eyes and dropping the ipod on her head...we will all be just fine! 
Abigail or "Gabba-gail" as she calls herself is in love with her baby sister!  I have seen her wrapping her baby dolls up and rocking them and giving them all lots of kisses!  

I am so anxious to see if Violet will end up with blonde curly hair and blue eyes like her big sister.  Their newborn photos look so similar but I'm sure Violet will have a special look that is all her own.  We love you sweet baby girl!  Our life has been much sweeter in the last month with you in our arms! 



Here are a few of Abigail's newborn pictures.  Can you see a resemblance??  

I cherish these photos and I am so thankful for my sweet friend Abby that captures these moments and helps me freeze them in time.  She is an amazing photographer! You can check out her website here at Abby Gray Photography.



No comments:

Post a Comment