Monday, July 1, 2013

Rest.

Rest.  Rest is exactly what my little family needed these last two weeks and I am very grateful that we were able to take a little time off and recharge! Two weeks ago, we started our vacation in the beautiful Gulf.  I have grown up traveling to Gulf Shores in the Summer and it has been so fun making memories there throughout my lifetime. 



My little brother was able to come down for part of the trip and I was so thankful to spend time with him.  In just a few weeks, he will be off to College which seems a little crazy to me.  I am so proud of him and excited for his future!!

Veronica and Allison were also with us for part of our vacation and I can't tell you how much I love these two ladies.  Our families have taken more trips together than I can count, and I have seen Allison grow into such a beautiful young lady.  I remember hours of watching her swim to me from the ladder in this very pool when she wasn't much bigger than Abigail! And now she's all grown up!  

Abigail wasn't quite ready to float on her back or swim to the ladder, but she loved to jump in for you.  We would sit her on the side and try to count to three, but after a count of one, this is what we got!



My sweet little fish loved the water this trip and I am so glad!  She actually sat up in her pack n play each morning saying " beach, beach".  My dear husband entertained her so I could swim laps each day.  How awesome is he?!?
After about an hour at the pool each morning, we would make the trip down to the ocean where Abigail would nap in her swing, I could read and relax, and Mike could go for a run.  It was incredible.  Mike has been in a busy season of ministry selecting elders and preparing to move into our new church building.  He's also been taking care of me for the last four months while I was sick and needing extra help with Abigail.  He needed a little break and I was happy to see this smile on his handsome face! 

Our nights were also relaxing because our little person goes to bed around 7:00.  This worked out well for us since the NBA finals were on!  Veronica was also super sweet and let us go on a date our last night there!  It was amazing; I was able to eat my food hot and actually look at Mike while he was talking.  It's the little things...

I was also really excited to take Mike and Abigail to the Original Oyster House!  I remember pacing this boardwalk when I was a little girl waiting for our name to be called.  I would sit in the big chairs and swing my legs.  Dee Dee tried to keep me entertained with all the fun shops and feeding the fish around back.  Each year I got a picture with my face in the hole of the alligator board!  So of course, I had to stick Abigail up there!


Check out these curls!  Aghh, love her to pieces!  And I know where she gets them.  Her handsome daddy has the same curls!
These two are absolutely precious to watch.  Abigail loves her daddy and Mike doesn't stand a chance against her sweet little cheeks and blue eyes.  
Yeah, she looks all happy right now, but don't put that baby in the sand!  We tried a few different times thinking she would eventually warm up to the sand.  We even thought shoes might help ease her in.  That didn't happen.  Each time, we got the " landing gear" legs like this...
Maybe next time?  Bless her.  Thank you Gulf Shoes for all the memories!  We hope to see you next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment