Thursday, April 20, 2017

Six Months old and full of JOY {Georgia Mae}

If I had to describe Georgia in one word, it would be JOLLY.  That little baby is so cheerful and smiley that you can't help but smile when you look at her sweet face.  She absolutely loves for you to talk to her or sing to her, and her eyes are still a deep BLUE!
She is definitely my easiest baby and I have really been able to enjoy her.  I've heard there is something special about the third baby, and I have to say that is so true!  I'm sure I am much more relaxed this time around as a mom, but I think it may be easier because my older girls are more independent and can play together.  When Violet was born, Abigail still needed me so much that it all seems a bit blurry, but with my big girls now entertaining themselves, I can simply watch Georgia explore her little world and I can enjoy each stage with her at a slower pace! Two of her favorite things right now are looking at her books and chewing on her books...

She also loves to play in her exersaucer.  She definitely doesn't have the core strength to sit independently yet, so I limit her to around 10 minutes of playtime in it.  It's still important for her to be in prone and work on her mobility and strength so the PT in me continues to put her on the floor!  It's the best way for her to get stronger!
























Here is what little Georgia Mae is doing at 6 months old: 

* Sleeping 11-12 hours at night.
* Almost sitting on her own but currently still needs support.

* She is chewing on EVERYTHING but no teeth yet!  Abigail and Violet both started cutting teeth at 5 months so I'm looking for them!
* She is interacting with me so much and loves for me to blow on her belly or make motorboat sounds to her.
* She can make clicking sounds with her mouth and laughs at herself when she does!
* She has noticed stuffed animals and studies them intently!
* She has tried pears, sweet potatoes, and avocados.  She only likes her oatmeal and sweet potatoes so far. 
* She is rocking on her belly and trying to pull her knees under her into quadruped.  NO NO NO!
* She adores her sisters and loves for them to play with her.
* She really engages with her touch and feel books and lift the flap books and gets so excited when you read to her
* She smiles as soon as she hears her Daddy's voice and starts searching the room for him!


Georgia is such a social baby, so I purchased a seat that can attach onto the island.  I noticed that she would cry if we were all in the kitchen together and she was left in her pack-n-play.  Once we brought her over to sit with us, she looked around and threw a little party!  She has been so happy sitting with her family!  We actually let her try real food a little earlier than I did with my big girls because she started reaching for our spoons and opening her mouth for food.  She's getting so big so fast!  These last two pictures are a little blurry, but they definitely capture her joyful personality.  I could not love her more!

We love you happy girl!  
{Georgia Mae 6 Months Old}

No comments:

Post a Comment