Monday, November 21, 2016

Welcome Georgia Mae { One Month}

My sweet Georgia, 

This blog post is all about you.  I hope I can show you this one day and watch you smile as you see your pictures and I read you all the words that flooded my heart when you were born.  I have done this with your big sisters and now it's your turn.  

You are very special sweet girl, because we thought our family was complete.  The Lord spoke very clearly to your daddy and I that someone was missing in our family and we began to hope and pray about you.  And what a sweet blessing and breath of fresh air you are!  We love you so much already.  


























As I write this particular post, I am flooded with so much emotion.  Joy.  I laugh at myself that I declared our family complete and sold all our baby items two years ago.  After feeling so miserable through two pregnancies, I was certain I couldn't possibly endure it again.  I am joyful because the Lord in his kindness to me answered every prayer I poured out to him over the last year.  

I feared financial stress with Mike starting his Phd and our family needing a new car.  And God provided in big ways for our family.  

I feared being sick all over again and missing so much quality time with my family, but somehow it seemed to pass quickly.  Also, praise the good Lord for diclegis!  

I feared labor and delivery.  I was able to deliver both Abigail and Violet naturally and unmedicated but for some reason, I was so anxious that I wouldn't be able to do it again.  I prayed for a short labor and boy did the Lord hear me on that one!  My labor transitioned so quickly that I didn't have time to be scared - six hours and she was in my arms.  In fact, we arrived at the hospital a short twenty minutes before she was born.  Praise God we made it in time! 


You are lucky sweet Georgia Mae because your daddy is going to spoil you with hugs and kisses.  Your sisters are going to smother you with giggles and adventure.  And I am going to pray that the Lord will show me how to be the best mom for you I can be.  I will pray for patience to juggle a family of five and that He will teach me to shepherd your heart well.  We love you so much.  



Here is what I hope to remember about your first month of life: 

* You have the sweetest little cry.  I have joked that it is the most polite little baby cry I have ever heard 
* You are sleeping good so far giving me 4-5 hour stretches at night- momma thanks you!
* You are starting to wake up and you raise your little eyebrows when your sisters play in the same room 
* You are so long!  You skipped newborn clothes and moved out of newborn diapers in two weeks 
* You love to be held and we love to hold you

No comments:

Post a Comment