Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day {Mother's Day Out}



Today was a big day for Abigail.  It was her first day to attend Mother's Day Out!  I did pretty good holding back my tears most of the morning as Mike and I got ready for the day.  I made breakfast and packed her bag and remembered to take a few pictures.  It wasn't until I saw the clock and started feeling a little stressed to get out the door in time that my emotions got the best of me.  Just when I was starting to rush her through breakfast, my sweet baby girl crawled in my lap with a book and smiled at me.  I am so thankful for the interruption of my rigid schedule, because taking a moment to slow down and enjoy my daughter was exactly what I needed.  

Thankfully, Abigail didn't cry when I dropped her off and actually when I picked her up she wanted to keep playing.  Her teachers told me that she had a fabulous first day and that was exactly what my heart needed to hear!  I feel so blessed that I have been able to keep Abigail at home this long, but I am really excited for her to learn and explore with new friends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment