Saturday, January 26, 2013

Abigail is ONE!

Today we celebrated Abigail's first birthday with friends and family!  It was a wonderful day and I feel so lucky to have amazing people in our lives that love and pray for our daughter.  I love to host parties and showers but this one was especially fun to decorate for!  Here are the banners I made for my sweet Abigail. 



I strung pictures from each month across the mantle.  I feel like you can see her little personality coming through a little more each month!
Next, I made a "Happy Birthday" chalkboard banner for my linen board in the kitchen.  
And then we have this one over the buffet in the dining room!  Maybe I got a little carried away but it's her FIRST birthday...
We had simple pink and white decorations mostly made of candy.  Aren't these little cake pops cute?
My friend Jana from Columbia started her own business called JC Cakes and Cupcakes and she made this sweet little Owl cake for Abigail! So cute!
Here's my little birthday girl just up from her nap!  My friend Melissa at Vanderbilt made her tutu and it was perfect!  

Here's Mike getting the little smash cake all ready.  This is where Abigail started to get pretty confused :)  







Abigail is such a quiet and reserved little baby and all the singing and flashing cameras might have overstimulated her a little bit. 




And we're definitely melting down now :)

My sweet baby.  I love this picture and I hope she always knows I will keep her safe.  
Daddy made it all better.  And then... she ate a lot of cake!
After cake, singing, and presents, this wired little girl played with her new toys and loved on her Grandparents!  Her grandaddy always keeps a container of mints in his shirt pocket.  It makes the perfect rattle of course!
Playing with Doo Da!  
Abigail Elizabeth, you make my heart smile!  I am so thankful for your little giggles and all the unique expressions that only you can make.  We had so much fun celebrating your first birthday and we are overcome with JOY as we look back over your first year of life!  Here is what you are doing at 12 months: 

* Hugging and Kissing
* Loving on your baby dolls 
* Eating a few new foods: eggs, olives, onions, and peppers 
* You tried Sweet Ce Ce's for the first time
* You refuse to drink Cow's milk.  You make an awful face and let it run out of your mouth
* You try to put your face under water in the bathtub
* You are standing and starting to only hold on with one hand but you are pretty cautious and not ready to walk
* You LOVE to pull everything out of the cabinets.  


 A look back at your first year of life.










No comments:

Post a Comment