Monday, February 1, 2016

A Tea Party to Remember {Abigail turns FOUR}

Four years ago, I brought home a little bundle of joy with the sweetest little baby cheeks.  Watching her grow into a beautiful little girl is something I will never take for granted.  When Mike and I walked out of the hospital to carry her home, I thought to myself...my life will never be the same now.  There is simply no way to prepare your heart for the amount of love you will have for your child. 



Each year on her birthday, I find myself reflecting on how much she has grown and how she developed over the calendar year.   This is what I love about Abigail at four years old.  

*She is kind and sensitive and smart.  
*She is growing out of her shyness and standing with a little more confidence and spunk! 
*She is fully potty trained and can dress herself independently 
*She can spell and write her name 
*She is SO tall!!
*She is a rule keeper.  She tries so hard to do what is asked of her with such a sweetness about her
*She can make her bed and clean up her room 
*She loves to bake cookies and muffins 
*Her favorite show is Doc McStuffins
*The sound of her little feet coming down the hall wakes me up every morning and I love it  



It seems like so much changed from year three to four.  I recently toured the Pre-K class she will attend next year, and I cried all the way home.  I cherish the days I get to be at home with my girls and this year hit me a little hard.  I will admit that I am a big baby, but thinking about her starting Kindergarten next fall has caused more than a few tears. She has my heart and she always will.  

This year, Abigail decided she wanted to have a tea party at our new house for her birthday.  Birthday parties are really my excuse to decorate, have friends and family fill my house, and completely spoil my little ones.  I also love all things girly, so her Doo Da and I decided to make a little photo booth with props and have sweet little hats and pearls for her guests.  I decorated the house with tea cups and flowers and Dee Dee made delicious cookies shaped like tea pots. 


I also found little paper tea cups that you can decorate with stickers.  And of course, we offered "enchanted tea" also known as apple juice.  How sweet is this ya'll?

After cancelling and rescheduling her party twice due to snow, she was SO happy to see her friends!  Tea Time was definitely a success!  And of course, the grown ups had the most fun with the photo booth! Mike's parents were out of the country for her party and I'm a little sad I didn't get them captured with their tea party attire! 
Happy Birthday Abigail!
{FOUR}

No comments:

Post a Comment