Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pastor's Appreciation Month


I am currently reading this fabulous book that I picked up at the ACTS29 Pastors Retreat this summer and I can't tell you how much I am learning and growing.  If you are a Pastors wife, I encourage you to read it.  I know that it will minister to your heart! 

October is Pastor's Appreciation month and as I prayed for my husband this morning, I was reminded how demanding his calling can be.  It's a beautiful calling, but demanding.  Please join me in praying for our spiritual leaders this month.

"His work involves engaging people on a deep spiritual level, resolving conflict, making difficult decisions, dealing with life-altering issues, counseling, training leaders, correctly handling the Word of God, and bearing the responsibility for the spiritual health of his God-given flock, with little help, appreciation, acknowledgement, or encouragement.  In addition, he has a marriage and family to lead and nourish."
                                       ~Christine Hoover

No comments:

Post a Comment