Monday, January 2, 2012

" Here I am to Worship" ~ A look back at 2011

Each year on New Years Day I look back through my journal and reflect on what God did in my life the year before.  It's really easy for me to just start making a new list of goals and prayer requests, but I have made it a discipline over the last several years to pause and give God all the Glory for what He has done for me.  As I sat at my kitchen table yesterday morning, flipping back through my 2011 Journal, all I could do was worship.


" I will sing the Lord's praise, for He has been good to me"  Psalm 13:6



I drove to church with tears in my eyes thinking back over 2011 and remembering each prayer that I poured out in my journal and how God proved to be faithful to me.  I tried to think of one specific memory from 2011 to really sum up what my heart was feeling.  That's when I remembered tasting the Jordan River.


I was blessed to go to Israel this past year and on one of our many adventures, I hiked through Tel Dan to the origin of the Jordan River.  This river represents LIFE throughout scripture and as I stepped into the cool water, I was reminded of all the good things the Lord was doing in my life.  I was reminded of my salvation and the life the Lord had called me to in Nashville, TN.  I was also reminded of the tiny new life that was growing inside me.  I remember kneeling into the river that day and worshiping my Savior.






We sang one of my favorite worship songs yesterday at church and the words of this old song really sum up my ONLY response to 2011.


'Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
All together worthy,
All together wonderful to me'



1 comment:

  1. Praise Him! So excited to see what He has in store for you, Mike, and Abigail throughout 2012! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete